To our valued patients,
As you are aware, we employ strict protocols utilizing hospital grade sanitation products and procedures to ensure the safety of you, our patients, and our employees. In light of the recent increase of COVID-19 cases in Texas, and data derived from the experience of those already deeply affected by this rapidly spreading virus, we have decided to add to our protocols in an effort to reduce the risk of overwhelming medical facilities. Currently we are continuing to stay open for business, and surgeries will continue to move forward as planned until further notice. In order to operate as safely as possible, going forward we will:
- Respectfully ask all patients who are ill, or not feeling well to please cancel your appointment.
- Ask all employees who are ill or not feeling well to remain at home.
- Begin pre-screening via phone for all patients with upcoming appointments. Any patients answering yes will be asked to stay at home. Screening for existing appointments will be performed at checkin with the following questions:
- Do you have a fever, cough, sore throat or difficulty breathing?
- Have you had contact with someone with known or suspected COVID-19?
- Have you traveled within the last 14 days to any location either domestically or internationally with confirmed community transmission of COVID-19?
- If answering yes to any of the above questions we will kindly reschedule your appointment to a later date in line with CDC direction.
- Ask all patients and employees to utilize hand sanitizer as they enter our facilities. Hand sanitizer will be located at checkin desk.
- Ask all employees to open and close all interior doors for patients when possible.
Our goal, as always, is to hold the safety of our patients and employees in the highest regard.
Drs. Newman, Taub and Chu – Newman and Taub Vision Center
View Updated Office and Staff Protocols
- Following CDC guidelines
- Staff and Patient wear masks
- Frequent hand washing
- Cleaning of high touch surfaces frequently
- Staff and patient temperature checks upon arrival
View Day of Appointment Checklist
- Confirm your appointment with office
- Complete patient registration forms prior to visit
- Bring your insurance card to visit
- Payment due at time of service